Command Button is stuck

After having completed my first pantograph at a lesson with JoAnn Hoffman last week, I finally loaded my first quilt on my Liberty today. After a few clumsy starts, I got my first two rows done. Was getting set up to do the next two rows and all of a sudden my command button on the front right side won't go. It won't click or anything. The top part also feels more wiggly than the tops on the other handles. Also, I can't get the stitch regulator to kick in using the back handle. It works OK on the front handle. :(

Thanks much.

Hi Diane

In case you haven't called Connie yet and since you mention its wobbly - you could try taking out the mushroom head by twisting and pulling it up out of the handle. When you get it out just check that the six pin plug of the mushroom head is securely in the sixpin plug that comes out of the handle.

Sue in Australia

Hi Sue...

Thanks for the advice. I missed Connie's callback (had to go help husband load sheep). I will try and catch up with her today. That sounds like it might be the problem. I'm wondering if that also may be what is wrong with the stitch regulator button on the back handle.

Glad to hear from someone in Australia. We will be going there next month. Really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to hit a quilt shop in Sidney that the Thimble Lady told me about. I'm meeting her to purchase one of her thimbles.

Hopefully whatever is wrong with my "Belle" will be an easy fix.

Hi Diane

I'm sure your problem with the command button is an easy fix.

Are you coming to Melbourne next month too. Let me know and we can check out the shops here too. Norma Sharp is coming over in the middle of November and we have planned a day quilting shopping. She will be in Sydney in November too.

Best wishes

sue in Australia

Archived