going in circles

Hi Kerry, you can see rulers at- www.thegadgetgirls.com, try their website, I use rulers/templates that are made for long arm quilting, they are a full 1/4" thick so that they don\'t get under the hopping foot. Rulers are sold by many suppliers as well as teachers that have developed thier own. Sherry Rogers-Harrison has a neat apple core that is wonderful for continous curves and DeLoa Jones has a new one to use on appliqued quilts, just to name a couple.

Take your time and practice first, I enjoy ruler work. It was easy for me because Judy Allen taught me how to use them when I first started quilting on my Millie! You hold the ruler in place with one hand and while guiding the machine around or along your ruler.

Good luck and let us know how you do! ;)

Renae\'s arcs are wonderful. Find a ruler that best fits the size you need. you may have to scooch often or not depending on the size ruler you have. I too love ruler work, It seems to be my thing. I have my fav\'s.

Take your time when working with them especially around circles or applique and you will soon find you may like using the as well.

Archived