Can I still add a compuquilter to my 200 Millie?

Marg Layton

I would like to add a computerized system to my 2000 Millie, but have been told I would not be able to add the new software that APQS is currently working on.

Can I still add a compuquilter to my machine? I can't afford to buy a new Millie as well as the new system, so am wondering if it is still possible to add a compuquilter to my machine.

I would appreciate it if Mark or someone else could contact me to discuss this. Do I send my machine back to Iowa to have a compuquilter installed, or does someone come up to Canada to do this from APQS?

i had this same question and contacted compuquilter so I emailed Stan, one of the owners and this is basically what he said:

The only difference is looks. APQS puts some of the wires and parts inside the machine head during manufacture. When we retrofit a machine, we put those same parts on the outside of the machine head. We install a little box on the top of the front of the machine that has the buttons used to run CompuQuilter on it.

as long as your machine has a needle positioner, which it does, they can do it

CQ's can still be installed on your APQS system. All installations are done by CompuQuilter techs now. You can go to their websites to locate a dealer near you or call S&D Stitches directly at 479-636-0444. CQ has several people who service Canada :cool:

Hi Marg,

Since your table is sort of a hybrid from days gone by, I was told by Mark that the new QuiltStudio wouldn't work on it, although it would work on your machine, with the loss of some of the "bonus" features that the 2008 Millie head was wired for.

Elaine, do you know who does retrofit CQ installations on APQS machines in Canada? Marg is located in Edmonton, Alberta.

I've talked with Heidi and APQS will still do CQ retrofits for customers like Marg. Problem solved! :) Since she has a table that is sort of a combination of 2 tables, I think it's wise to have an APQS installer do it that's familiar with past variations. JMHO.

Archived