Pear Pantograph or Freehand Design

After attending Darlene Epp's workshop, one of the things I'm working on are quilts for non-quilting friends/family for Christmas gifts. To utilize (please note: I said utilize--not "steal":P) her daughter-in-law's idea, I'm buying fabric that I like and then practicing pantographs on it. It will be one big piece of fabric, I'll quilt it and bind it. I get the practice, they get the quilt. ;)

I just found this fabric at Fabric Depot (https://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php?page=ProductPage&pageid=122190) Its called Fruit Ladies if the link doesn't work. Anyway, I just think it would be adorable with a "Pear" pantograph.

Anyone know where I can find one?

;)

Dory..Not sure where you'd find a Pear Panto. But you could trace a pear or two from a picture. resize it if needed, then add contecting vines and leaves, filling up one 8.5x11 sheet of paper with pears etc. Make enough copies for the width of your quilt, tape the sheets together...now you have a panto. I do this all the time. Color Books are a great source of inspiration.

Terry

Dory that fabric is hysterical! good luck with your project....

That's what I did with last years gifts, I made 7 peppermint twist throws for family and friends. They were quick to piece, and fun to practice on... the difference between the first one and the last one is like night and day!

Archived