What classes for a newbie?

OK, it looks like I am going to get to go to the Quilt Show in Atlanta this October. They have just posted the class schedule today, and I have been trying to decide which classes to take.

I only have a few choices when it comes to long arms, so I have a choice from Myrna Ficken, DeLoa Jones and Linda McCuean. If it were you, which classes would you try for? I want to expand my knowledge base, but I don't want to take a class too far above me and spend my time thinking what am I doing here?

Myrna's classes offered are: So Many Feaathers - So Little Time; Just Do It Freehand; Creating Space Using Your Rulers & Templates;and Gotta Love Those Samplers.

DeLoa's are:Brilliant Borders and Sensational Sashings; Got Stencils, Use ’Em!; Welcome to My Block Party; and Quilt Me a Garden.

Linda's are:Right Up Front ; Chocolate Covered Feathers ; Graphic Gridwork; and What Was the Judge Thinking?

Any suggestions?

Nini

Originally posted by QuiltsbyNini

Myrna's classes offered are: So Many Feaathers - So Little Time; Just Do It Freehand; Creating Space Using Your Rulers & Templates;and Gotta Love Those Samplers.

DeLoa's are:Brilliant Borders and Sensational Sashings; Got Stencils, Use ’Em!; Welcome to My Block Party; and Quilt Me a Garden.

Linda's are:Right Up Front ; Chocolate Covered Feathers ; Graphic Gridwork; and What Was the Judge Thinking?

Nini....I haven't taken any classes from Myrna or Linda , so have nothing to compare too, but have taken all the classes offered here by DeLoa and have both of her new books....and this is definitely a place to start for a newbie....she is such a great teacher and whether you are a seasoned quilter like I was when I took my first quilting class or someone who hasn't even touched a machine yet, you will come away with not only an abundance of confidence, but the knowledge to do wonders, and wonderful things.

Before I went to MQS, I emailed some of the teachers and "some" were quick to get back to me with answers. I found their email address by Google-ing their name and finding a website for them. It takes time, but I saved Judy Woodworth from an almost disaster when she found out her class list hadn't been emailed yet.

I took my first classes at MQS this year. I took DeLoa's borders and sashing. I have used almost all of the 39 examples she demonstrated. I use them on everything and the customers love them. If you just don't catch on, she slows down and works you through it. I haven't had classes from the others two ladies.

Archived