Some fun news

A small guild that I belong to has been working very hard on quilts for a children's camp which just started near me. It is one of the one's sponsored by Paul Newman's foundation. They want quilts on all the beds and also a quilt for each child to take home. Our little 20 member guild made over 50 quilts for the camp. I quilted a few of them as my donation.

Well, we knew that Paul Newman has been very ill and is not doing well, so one of the members decided we should also make a quilt for him. She contacted the organization and found out that we could do that and where to send it. We made it out of Washington shop hop fabric from a couple of years ago, which has scenes of WA state on it. Then they asked me if I would quilt it! I was very honored and had so much fun with it. Since it is a guild I belong to, I did this as a donation, but it is the most famous donation of any kind that I have done to date!! Since it is coming from the guild, my name will not even be on it, but it was fun none the less.

Sad part - I forgot to take a picture of it.

Archived