Another request for Longarmers - QOV

For those of you who have your plates full, please disregard this request for help. For the rest...Read On!

the Quilts for Soldiers project needs help! They need longarm quilters (newer quilters ok!) to help finish small (50x60) quilt tops for the injured soldiers in Military hospitals. QOV/Quilts for Soldiers receives requests from hospital chaplains, and the requests are growing. I wish I could say otherwise.

If you are busy during this holiday season (understandable), then go online to www.quiltsforsoldiers.com and register to be on the list of longarmers. When we are needed, there is a message posted to the group, and you can volunteer when you have time in your schedule. There is more information on the site, so please visit and get to know this worthwhile project firsthand. This is a sample of one of the QOVs that I am going to be quilting. One of my students made it with her "scrap-batiks". Isn't it great?

Thanks!

Cynthia

post--13461897694566_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

thank you so much for the info for long arm quilting for the brave soldiers. i have a long arm machine coming but alas it is on back order but i would love to help once i receive it. i hope i can master it so i will be able to help them. i can use all the help you or others can give me on how to start to get getting patterns for the long arm. thanks darlene

Hi Lefty Lucy,

I love the pantograph patterns from WillowLeafStudio.com. My favorite new patterns are Paisley Delight, Coffee Break, Splash, and Orange Peel.

A student told me about them and I've been delighted ever since.:D So have my customers.

Give them a try, Allison Bayer, Plano, Texas

Archived