Accucut Grandemark

Ok I think more people read this than Gadgets so I am posting here too. Do any of you have the GrandeMARK from Accucut? Tell me if you think it is a must have or a expensive item that ends up on a shelf.. I saw it in Portland, OR at spring market and am curious as to your thoughts. If you have it why and what do you have for dies.. and which ones do you feel are a must have...if you looked and decided no---why? Thinking about it but can't find much input other than on their sight...help me decide please

Beth

Hello Beth,

I know absolutley nothing about these machines!!!:P

But I did have a look on their website. At $575.00 I would really need to use it a lot to justify that kind of expense. What are you trying to do with it? At some of the craft shows it was adertised as a tool for people who do a lot of piecing, to cut small pieces of the same shape of fabric. (I am a firm believer in Rotary cutting and quick piecing:P). I do not do scrapbooking or card making....... even then, you would really need to be in it as a business to be able to uilise it fully (and to make it pay its way).

Not much help, but at least a view point.

Regards,

Beth-

I have wanted one for awhile now! I do not have my LA for a business of quilting for others-I mainly do patterns and custom quilts. So for me it would indeed be worth the expense! It would allow me to 'Kit" my patterns and to make a number of quilts with out hand cutting the applique pieces. So I think you need to think about what you would use it for and even how often you would use it. My LQS says she would rent it from me for her customers to use but I don't really like to share my toys! ;)

Sewhappy

Hi Beth,

This is so weird! I stumbled across the Accucut the other day & thought it looked like the best thing since sliced bread!

I have only seen it on the website but thought it looked great. I love gadgets! I emailed the company to ask if they shipped to Australia

but they never emailed me back so I guess that's a big NO.

I think it would be a time saver rather than a money maker & it's always good to have another string to your bow!

Sometimes it's not until you have something in front of you that all the possibilities become clear!

Jenny...Melbourne, Australia

Thank you all for the quick input....I really want this mainly for strip cutting...to start with, and will expand as I see how much I like to use it. I have a kwikbind that uses 2.25 inch strips and it folds with no pressing and you sew only once to attach bindings. As it turns out most of my customers now prefer this rather than having to hand sew their bindings.....so I feel the accucut would soon pay for itself with time saved if nothing else. & I thought maybe I could rent it out to my good / favorite / regular customers to keep quilts coming in. I might just get out my own stash and get a few more quilts I have been wanting to make finally put them on my Milly----"Miss Belle"------thanks & keep the comments coming . Beth

Hi Beth,

We love our Accucut!! Strip cutting is great. also, I have ordered a few custom dies. I had one made to do "pinked edge" charm squares. We got the one to do the boxes for charm squares also so now we can to a lot of "charm squares".

Just email me if you have any questions. I have a great rep at Accucut. Let me know if you want her name and number.

Sandra

Hi! They certainly do ship to Australia, I have the GrandMark that I bought for my scrapbooking business. I don't have any of the quilting dies though, would love some but other priorities have to come first on the wishlist.

Not sure where you are Jenny (I am in Hampton Park - Sth East Melbourne) but you are welcome to just buy some dies to start with and come and use my machine (and if you do I would love to borrow your dies LOL!).

Susan

Archived