Timing disaster

Kelly

Okay, I don't know whether to be worried or not. I was quilting tonight and hit a thick seam, well, you know what happened. I broke my needle. I replaced the needle and went back to sewing and my needle apparently hit the hook assembly underneath after about 14". Now, the case that the bobbin case sits in just spins. How bad did I break my machine? I was really hoping to get atleast halfway done with this quilt before leaving for Nashville Sunday morning. Doesn't look so good for me huh? I've searched trying to get answers, but with no luck. Can anyone out there help me? What else do I need to do besides retime it? I'll definately need help with that. Please, anyone that can help me, PLEASE do so!!

Thanks so much!!

Kelly

Mille

The hook retaining finger is made of hardened steel that is why they break instead of bending. It is inserted about 1/3 into the slot. The thread has to have room for the thread to pass through this slot. You may just have to reinsert the finger into the slot. Check your manual for pictures about proper location. I have had them break (this is why I carry two or three in stock), but sometimes they just slip out of the slot.

John

I hope that its just the retaining finger that has slipped. If so I would still check the timing. Should you need to retime your baby its not that hard. Ask me how I know :P

Get yourself some really good lighting, a magnifying glass and follow the instructions in the manual. You can do it! I have a video that came with my machine that was great.

Hope everything is better soon

Cheers

Archived