my first wholecloth

Julie - I'm glad to see your humor showing thru. I wouldn't color it either with W&N as I do think it would bleed thru.

And Sherry, my first colored quilt disappeared on the wall, so I painted the wall a cocoa brown. I could have saved some money & the cost a massage therapist by buying a box of Rit dye!!! :P

Robert, it was time consuming but it wasn't that hard. Most of it was marked but I did leave the inside borders to do freehand. It was such good practice. I was actually kind of sorry when it was finished. I just used muslin so it was inexpensive too!! I've seen some of your work and I think you are definitely ready.

Julie - Yikes you think I might be ready? :o You are so kind :) I placed an order with with Keepsake quilting this morning, and it took me forever. I hemmed and hawed, should I buy the "preprinted whole cloths" and then chickened out at the last moment. . . .Darn.

You do give me inspiration. Your quilt looked just like what I always have dreamed of doing. Something about whole cloths and you did such a great job!!!

I guess I should just adjust my attitude and just jump in. That is how I have always done everything else. I mean, if I don't do well, so what... PPP, doggie shelter???? a good education.

Thanks for your kind words and inspiration!

Archived