E2E or panto

If they have the same density, I charge the same.  I charge by the square inch.  I have quilted out 36 inches of each of my pantos and timed them after practicing each.  Once timed I figured which price point they fell in.  I have also done the same thing with my freehand designs.  I have to be more careful with these though as I quilt faster with my freehand stuff.  I'm more comfortable with it and enjoy it so much more.

I charge more for pantos because of the extra time needed for quilting a smaller area before advancing and lining up the pattern correctly.  I also tell my customers that a pantograph design costs a little more because it will be uniform, without the extra "personality" I might add to freehand work.  But some of my customers love the extra personality - so that is what they get!

I have found that they are one in the same. I have been Compuquilting now for over five years. Most digitizers use e2e or panto at the end of their program name & some don't. But in the digitizing world they use both depending on the digitizer themselves. I Do believe that the e2e term came into use when computers were added to quilt machines, but I could be wrong. All I know is that I didn't start herring this phase until computers were brought into the world we know as longarm quilting. Zeke......

Archived