Machine stiff and not really good feathers.

Grammie

Feel I am pulling or pushing. I adjusted the wheels, I cleaned the table and wheels, I adjusted the wheels again and cleaned them again. I removed the wheels except for one to check for thread that possibly I could not see. No thread. The right of back of machine I cannot get to the bolt easily with CQ. My DH is busy with the floods in KANSAS so he cannot help walk me thru this right now. Maybe later.

I tried to echo with it but it is not moving in a friendly manner. Wavy when I want straight. Again I am pulling or pushing. I loosed wheels some more. No help.

I've always been able to adjust on my own. Nothing is working. I just want to finish this QUILT. It is my LAST customer SEMI Custom. I only have 20% or less left to do. It doesn't move well in Man or SR mode. HELP!!!!!!

Tammie--

If it drags in on spot from front to back (all in the same line) check to see if the table has tweaked out of level. Maybe with the CQ on the extra weight at one end as pushed your table out of level. Check across the back in several spots-especially at the center "seam" --and also from front to back. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Linda R

Hi Tammy

I am assuming that you have been using your machine without any problems and then all of a sudden it starts sticking - if that is the case, check that your channel locks are not engaged.

Or, I'm not really sure what you are saying about the CQ bolt but wonder if the tension block that the wire goes through is too far back or up on and angle slightly when disengaged and the machine is catching on that.

To explain too far back - I mean when the machine is centred over the carriage the tension bolt should be halfway along the carriage, it might have got jogged along accidentally when the machine was not attached.

If all else fails, start afresh on adjusting the wheels making sure the cams are in the same position as they are in the book and that each wheel on the carriage is set the same as each other and the ones on the head axles are the same as each other exactly.

Another thought, since (Ithink) you recently moved your machine just check that the screws that hold the axles in place are in tight enough, they might have loosened off a little. grab the axles one at a time and see if they twist. With soft mounts installed they will only have the tiniest amount of give - I think you'll know whats normal when you try.

Good luck

Sue in Australia

Archived