Bamboo batting???

Sandra:

Trend-Tex Fabrics is a Canadian supplier of it. My wife Brenda split an order with her LQS so they both could try it. Wholesale it was about a dollar a metre more than 80/20 Hobbs. Trend Tex calls it Arctic Bamboo blend 50/50 cotton/bamboo. She really likes it so far (3 quilts). Very soft and less heavy than the Hobbs 80/20. A less expensive alternative to wool I think. I don\'t know what you have to do to set up an account with Trend-Tex but their phone number is 1-800-667-9448 and they are in BC.

Nigel

Thanks, guys!

I\'ll try calling Trendtex later today.

Nigel...where\'s Kettleby??

I am always so intrigued by the different battings that are coming out...I really don\'t have an interest in them with my clients :(...maybe the bamboo would catch some interest though!

I ended up ordering a roll of bamboo from Trendtex in BC...Thanks Nigel! Can\'t wait to see it and use it. Trendtex was real easy to talk to and deal with. It does sound pretty economical (compared to wool and silk) and also easy to care for. We\'ll see...I\'ll update when I get a chance to use it....they said it would take 5-7 business days to get here from BC.

I used bamboo batting on a clients quilt . LOVED it , it has a very silk ey feel on one side , bumpy on the other.

It lays very flat easy to handle without all the stretch of some cotton batts .

I called the company [Fairfield ] to see which side should go up towards top of quilt , no one there at the time was a longarm quilter . So I put the bumpy side down all worked out fine . You can feel the bumps even after its off the rollers but you can\'t see them unless you really look close .

It has a very flat look just like QD\'s or W & N . I just like the feel of over the other two . Will use it again .

My 2 cents worth

happy quilting

Archived