Marking quilt

Hi all - I wish to mark a quilt and am very undecided what to use despite searching and reading - I have a quilt pounce pad with blue powder chalk - after brushing off, marks, although distant, remain; I am concerned blue pen will re-appear; I still have quilters pencil marks on a quilt I hand quilted 4 yeas ago; tried using tracing paper which I machined holes in but I cannot see them clearly enough when on fabric. Would be grateful of your expertise and advice............I read in one of the posts where it mentions bi-carb soda in cleaning off blue pen??

Thanks lots - Marie E.

try using UV (blacklight) chalk in your pounce and put a blacklight in your light bar. the chalk you can get at kingsmen quilt supply..they have a blacklight too but you can get it cheaper at home depot.

For the blue powder chalk you are having a hard time with, take a damp sponge on it and it should clear it up.

Thank you Meg & Jessica - I've not heard if the black light and blacklight chalk is available in Australia but I will do a search shortly. Have been getting some bits from the States however with the $ exchange rate at moment and post it makes it fairly expensive.............. Have tried damp cloth on the blue chalk but still visible, maybe will try a bit wetter.....thanks lots again...........Marie E....:D

Archived