More than ONE APQS

Grammie

Hi

Its one compuquilter to one machine! Since you are looking ahead, remember that any machine you buy from now on needs to have a needle positioner for it to be suitable to add on the Compuquilter.

I love my Compuquilter I'm sure you will too.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Tammie,

Sue is right, you do need to have the needle positioner, but not necessarily a stitch regulator, as the Compuquilter motor drives & controls the speed, giving you the benefit of having a stitch regulator!;)

Something to think about.:D

Yes, I love the CQ too, I am having a ball doing wholecloths on mine!:)

Grammie - I think I might be the only one with a CQ on an APQS other than a millenium. I have a Mille and then I have the computquilter on a U-1. Because the U-1 is not as computerized as the Millie I seem to not have some of the problems from the two computers interfacing. If you were to see one working, you would understand why they cannot be switched back and forth (cables and motors for both the right and left (y axis) and the forward and backward (X axis) movements (Think I got those right!). If you are anywhere near Los Angeles - they will have one at the Road to Calif Quilt show weekend of 1/20! check it out!

Susie Q

Hi Susie Q

You are not the only one!!!!! - you have a buddy in Australia ;) - and I think there is at least one more around.

I just fitted a Compu to an Ultimate 1 last week. This machine (the Ult 1) was special to me, it was my first APQS machine - it has had two owners since me. When I bought it I fell in love with APQS. She still runs beautifully.

the lady who owns her is offline just now with computer problems but I am sure she will come and join the list as soon as she has a new computer. She hasn't ben tempted to hook her Compu up to the net - good girl.

The installation onto the Ultimate 1 was even easier than on the Milli and the quilting possibilities just as great.

Anyone out there with an Ultimate 1 who wants a Compu, I say go for it - the quilting possibilities are endless.

Sue in Australia

Hi Sue!

Yes, I agree the Compu-quilter runs great on other APQS machines.

We have it on the Freedom, & have had great performance in the two working together.

The benefit to the Ultimate 1's & other non-stitch regulated machines is that you have "stitch-regulation" while in the Compu-quilter mode!

It is the best of both worlds, so if anyone out there is curious let us know!;)

Archived