interesting little tid-bit

i discovered something about my millie today. had it 5 yrs and never knew/noticed.

here's my 'ah-ha' moment:

if you have your machine in regulated mode with the chirp sound, but haven't hit the right blue button yet, and hit command/right yellow the machine will either always stop with needle up or down. if it stops up, turn the chirp on and hit the command/yellow and it will always stop down.

this new discovery will come in handy!

is this general knowledge? am i the last to know?

I did not know that! :) Thanks for the "little tidbit of info"

Another cool feature is, if you are using SR, you can disable the SR while still keeping it engaged by hitting the blue button once more. This puts SR in "standby" The chirp still goes but SR is standby. That way if you accidentally bump or move the machine, the needle does not move. This works great while working with rulers when you need to suspend SR to move the ruler or your hand and then when ready re-engage the SR mode, you just press the blue button one more time and continue on. Very cool and I use it all the time! :)

If you start with the needle up in SR it will stop with the needle up. If you start with the needle down, it will stop with the needle down. Is this what you are doing, or are you starting with the needle up and then in SR hitting the needle postioner button to then make it end with needle down? Maybe the machine "remembers" the next command and completes it when the SR is disabled at the end of stitching. Have I confused the issue??

Archived