where to install the "up/down" switch for hydraulic lif

We've just finished installing the hydraulic lift on my Millie and can't figure out where we're spose to install the up/down switch. I'm assuming it's spose to be screwed into the frame somewhere that's easily accessible....but where? I have the tubular frame and can't find a place to put it.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rita

Hi Rita,

I have zip stripped my lift up/down button to the left hand side of my frame when I am standing at the front (freehand) side of the machine. I attached it on the round tubular frame after the quilt back roller and just before the first velcro strap...actually right where the curved part of the frame is welded to the straight part of the frame...does that make sense? Really you can attach it anywhere where it is comfortable for you to reach it.

If you need a picture let me know and I'll post one.

I generally attach the switch on the round bar that has the Velcro on it. I attach with two big tie wraps.

We also have a wireless remote control that uses a key fob (just like in you car) for operating the lift. We have them on both of our machines and we leave it on the laser light mount on the front of the machine. Our clients that have the remote really like it.

If you would like more information just email or call us.

John

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've made a note of all of them and am now going to try each location to see which works best for me. I thought we'd have to screw this control into the frame but am reading now that some of you used the zip ties to attach..which is what I'm going to do....that way I can move it easily without having holes drilled all over.

Thanks!!

Rita

Tie wraps are almost as great as duct tape. If you don't like the location you can easily move it. When I put the switch on I crisscross the tie wraps and use the holes in the switch housing.

I also use tie wraps to install the power strip on the torsion bar on the back of the table. It is in a great location and up off the floor. it give you several protected A/C outlets that way. You then only need one wire run to the wall outlet.

John

Archived