Tension disc mount

quiltingtina

Hi. I called service this afternoon, but while I am waiting for a call back, I thought I'd throw a question out to you all.

Okay, last week, I had thread sneak into the flywheel (on the side I did not have covered) while warming up the millie. After I got it all unravelled, I went back to quilting, but noticed that the tension was off a bit, but inconsistently. I inspected further, and I noticed that where the tension discs mount on the machine, it is loose, even wobbly. It is NOT the discs themselves, but what attaches them to the machine. I have opened it back up, but cannot figure out how to tighten it back (it is deep in there, and there's stuff in the way). Where it attaches, the mounting part actually stick out more that 1/8th of an inch. it pushes back in, but wiggles out with use.

I'm guessing I knocked something loose while getting the thread out, but i don't know how, since the thread wasn't even in that area.

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Tina,

Here's the graphic from the Millie manual that describes how to remove (and in reverse, re-tighten) the tension control unit. If this isn't clear enough to help and you don't want to wait until tomorrow morning, feel free to give me a call - my phone number's on my website.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help! It is all tightened back up. The hardest part was figuring out which was the 5/64th allen wrench!

I am now doubting that I knocked it while unravelling in there. What would cause it to get loose? I have never had tension trouble. Is it just something that gets loose after a while?

I'm back up and running now. Again, thanks for your help. I knew someone here would know just what to do.

Archived