Not exactly quilting...

Well awwww shucks ladies. My husband really had to crack the whip on this one. I was trying to get one more quilt finished on the 13th and this was barely started. We had to start working on it every evening and all day on Saturday to have it done by the 17th...then we got iced in and didn't exchange gifts till the 20th. My husband cut all the pieces and did the soldering. I made the patterns, grind, fit and foiled them. We liked it so much he got me everything I need to make another one as my gift. (it's about half finished now since I'm not quilting until after the first of January)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter does stained glass--I'm not real sure the difference between leaded, foiled, etc. She did a piece when her DH was in the Guards--a soldier kneeling in prayer, rifle in hand. It was a copy of a small one he saw at a chapel while in training. He brought the picture home and she copied it. It's about 3x4 feet and hangs in their living room.

Your angels are dazzling, beautiful!

All I've ever done is with lead came, but a friend left for Colorado and gave me his grinder and tools for foiling. I haven't tried it yet, but according to him, you can make much more intricate projects using the foil method. That angel is evidence of that! That is beautiful April.

mrmargie

Archived