Not exactly quilting...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go....not only for the travel part, but I would love to learn as well. Basket weaving is also on my wants before death...I have been trying to find a basket teacher out here since I move east and haven't found one yet. Got on the computer looking for basket guilds and guess what one of the largest in the USA is right in Reno...lived there for 20 years and didn't even know it....was looking for classes there as well.:(

Hey! We can have a multicraft school.

We can cane chairs, basket weave, cut stained glass and lead it, build cabinets, and work with bees.

If we get really bored, we can do some algebra problems...

If we could get someone to teach quilting, we'd be a well rounded group.

Margie...I'll do the quilt teaching, use to teach in Reno,....if you can handle teaching me Math...I so suck at math. If I had known I was going to be a quilter in my grown up life I would have paid a bit more attention in Geometry.

And Heidi....someday I will take you up on your offer....I really really want to learn how to do utility baskets....and such....not the tiny stuff....bigger ones...that can be used for storage of fabric maybe.:cool:

The only math that ever made sense to me was Geometry. I always got terrible grades in Math, but really excelled in Geometry. Blew my folks away, they thought I'd cheated so I had to show them pysically that I could do it. Now Algebra....sorry, letters are not numbers and when they try to be my eyes cross and roll into the back of my head! Canng would be great! I love to go tour the antique and junk stores! Even the little ones that people have next to their homes, or stuck somewhere that they are never going to get any business. I found a Featherweight, case, inner tray, manuels and all, for 150.00 once. They just had no clue what it was!

Archived