s/r problem

don't you know this happens when everybody is closed for Christmas. Ok so I'm sewing in s/r mode and it feels like I'm stitching through concrete. Does not happen in non s/r mode. I have checked my wheels. I have looked for objects that might be in the way. I cannot figure it out. Anybody?... I really need to find the problem.

Nora,

Millennium

Washougal WA

I'd check the encoder wheel first to make sure nothing has happened there. I found a small piece of the little rubber wheel had peeled off and was causing me problems. The only time I've ever had it not want to go is when I've had something catching underneath but if it works in non SR mode then that can't be it. Sure hope you get it fixed!

The fact that this happens only in SR mode (not manual) means it's probably not a fuse or wheels or anything simple. Also, the channel locks not working either sounds like there's something wrong that will need the master skills of Amy or Christy. Nora, you might try e-mailing Amy, just in case she's checking over the holiday, but it sounds like you're probably out of luck until they're back - Friday possibly, but probably not till Monday.

If you've still got quilting to do, do you have someone close by who will let you use their machine? If you were closer to me, you could use mine, but I'm pretty sure we're at least 300 miles apart!:(

Archived