Turning 20 Again Christmas Quilt - First E2E panto

Never upset when I "have" to buy fabric. I initially was thinking of a red and white Irish Chain on the way to the LQS - but this will be way more fun!! I just think frogs and geckos are cute!!!

Have been spending the last couple of days cutting out quilts from my stash - have made a promise to myself to finish "already purchased" (or at least some of it) before starting on "new". So the red and white will be down the road a little awhile - but not too long.

You mean the plastic is there to cover the panto patterns? And all this time I've been taping the patterns to the top of the plastic. I wondered why the instructions said not to remove the plastic. This makes a lot of sense. Duh!!!! Thanks for turning the lights on for me. Laura

I am glad someone got some use from my experience. Yes, the plastic is for this very thing. I find the washable crayola markers are great for marking the plastic. I draw lines along the top edge, and both sides for marking the edge of my quilt. Then wipe the plastic when I am done. Just be careful not to mark in the space where the 2 pieces of plastic join as there is a open seam. You will mark on the panto if you do! Happy quilting!! :)

That makes a lot of sense! I had thought the plastic was there to protect the surface under it. As for marking the panto, it's already too late. Did it in pencil. Am looking forward to using the plastic as it was intended. Like having a new toy. Thanks! Happy quilting to you too! Laura

Archived