Turning 20 Again Christmas Quilt - First E2E panto

Long story short...My MIL gave me a Christmas gift...20 fat quarters of Christmas fabric, and a new pattern. She picked all the fabrics and really liked them together. So here it is. I stitched my first pantograph..Come Dance with Me. My DH said the quilting FIXED the quilt. I sure love him.

I learned something...when you have to stop in the middle of the quilt to change bobbin or whatever...leave the needle down and mark an arrow on the panto (over the plastic) showing which direction you need to continue in. Don't ask me how I discovered this!! ;0)

2004093870104483472S425x425Q85.jpg

2645472680104483472S425x425Q85.jpg

Ok........the quilt inspired me - the pattern looks so quick and easy. I went to my LQS with xmas gift cert. in hand......They had all these new red and white fabrics - not 20 but did put 10 together so will double up on the blocks. I will make the red and white 'Turning 20 Again' as soon as I have time!!!

The fabric was behind the counter and my good buddies just happened to know of my love for red and white - those sneaky little devils just had to show me what just came in!!! And shame on you Kristina for costing me more money :D:D:D:D It is just a great scrappy quilt - glad you shared!! I may have to spend time looking for a flannel backing that goes with.

I also like your machine's name - Frogger. My baby is Miss Ribbit.

Meg, you are too funny!! I hope you are not upset with me for costing you $$. :(

I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I am sure it will be pretty.

I like your machine's name too. Someone told me I should have never named it after anything that represented ripping out...but Frogger was a nickname I have had for a long time...so it just fit for the machine.

I like Geckos too, and have decorations of them in my studio. They make me very happy!

Archived