motor on fabric advance

After waiting 6 long months, I finally have my shop built and have set up my machine. I had it briefly set up in my house and was able to do two practice muslins, but just couldn't handle how much room it took up. Anyway, I finally got it all assembled today. I know before I built this shop I made sure I only needed 110 electrical, well now I have plugged in everything and the fabric advance motor worked for only a short time and now does not work at all. Tried other outlets, know it is not the outlets. I know there are fuses on the machine head, but I don't see anything like that on this little motor. Any suggestions?

Vicki Radmacher

Hi Vicki

There is a fuse, its behind the round black circle between the two flick switches on the grey box. If it did blow, I'm not sure why it would, so if you have a surge protector, plug that in before you change the fuse and try it again.

By the way, the motor has a motor brush that you should check - I only check mine once a year, it is, standing at the back of the motor, on the right hand side. You'll see a round cap that looks like a plastic screw. When you remove it you will see the metal oblong shape, thats the top of the brush. When checking brushes make sure that you put the brush back with the curve of the carbon touching the armiture of the motor. This is just like replacing motor brushes in the Milli head so you can check your manual for changing motor brushes if you need help.

Good luck

Sue in Australia

You were so right, it was the fuse. And what a dummy I am cuz when I first set the machine up 6 mos ago I blew a fuse, but I was thinking it was on the machine. It wasn't , it was the fabric advance motor. Luckily I bought extra fuses. Thanks again for the help!! Now if I can just get the furnace guy to come back and finish, I will be set. Getting tired of the stinky space heater. (Maybe that's what's effecting my memory!)

Vicki

Archived