Our Trip to California

Mary Beth

Sorry to hear you have been in the wars too.

I would not have believed how debilitating my finger slicing accident has been. Like you unable to do simple tasks with one hand. Totally frustrated, I even went back to the cutting mat and veeerry slooowly continued to cut the quilt I was doing.

Isn't it funny how you are always on your own when these things happen. I took one look at the cut line on my nail and thought the only way they are going to stitch this is to remove the nail which sounded far too painful, so once I got it to stop bleeding almost 2hrs, I bound it in place with steristrips and bandaged it up. Have changed the dressing 2/3 times (yuk) and I think it will be ok in time. Still very painful if knocked and it will be a while before I can do any dishes or proper cooking!!

I certainly have far more respect for the rotary cutter and am considering getting one of those suction gripper handles. Does anyone have those? Are they any good?

My week has been compounded by a necessary visit to the chiropractor having done something to my neck giving me that painful hoighty sideways expression. The neck was probably brought on by the way I jerked backwards after cutting my finger!!

Hey ho, things can only get better :P

Chris,

You need to milk this as long as possible :D

It is difficult to cook, washing dishes is out of the question :) Poor DH works hard all day and loves to eat, but dinners have been a little sparse.....and he has to do the dishes...now he has decided that we should eat the prepared, frozen meals you get at Sam's...like lasagna...you know the pre-packaged stuff that we don't eat any more....I can only image what that will do to my waistline. And speaking of that...you are a runner....doesn't that make you finger throb? I walked a mile just after my injury and had to hold my hand up to keep it from throbbing. I'll be glad when it's healed, but the doctor said that is going to be some time. He checks it every 2 weeks for infection....so far, so good.

Even though I seem to be signed in I haven't even lurked for days and look what I missed. Mary Beth I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you heal soon. I have to check out your hollywood debut. The start of a new carreer perhaps?

Archived