MQS 2009 Accommodations

barbm

It's not too early to start thinking about where to stay at MQS this May. Last year, Nancy Jo and I shared a room at the Sheraton - good access, nice room, but pretty spendy. We heard from those who stayed at the Chase Suites that it was nice, with lots of room for roomies to share the cost, so she made a reservation there for this year. And then her plans changed.....

Bottom line is this, I now hold a reservation for a two-bedroom suite at the Chase Suites, starting Sunday night 5/10 through Sat. morning 5/16. It is just a block away from the Convention Center and serves a hot breakfast. If we share beds, there's room for six - two queen beds and a fold out couch - and the nightly rate is $169 for three people (add $10 per person after that) plus tax.

Another rep has a two-queen room at the Marriott Courtyard across the street from the Convention Center - nightly cost is around $118, including tax, same dates.

If there's enough roomies, we can fill both rooms for less than $30 per person per night, but if there's not enough, I'll cancel my reservation and move in with Renae and her friend.

Anybody wanna share our rooms?

I talked to one of the gals and I haven't heard back yet if she is going to come to MQS or not. I should be hearing from her soon. That will make four for us and no extra charge for 4 in the room.....I checked that out already.;) So it will be well under $30. a night.

Renae

Guest Linda S

Oh man! How I wish I had enough time off to be able to come and stay with you all. It would be so fun and I've been wanting to check MQS out for years. Sigh - I'll have to wait.

Barb - have you checked with Riley Bigshoes -- room-rideshare@imqa.org ? She might be able to come up with a few roomies for you.

Linda

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like there might be enough roomies out there to fill both of our reservations, but we need to know soon - I am planning on canceling my two-bedroom suite at Chase next week unless I have confirmed roomies. Anybody else out there need a place to stay???

Archived