Wireless mouse problems

Marg Layton

All of a sudden my wireless mouse does not do anything. I have changed the batteries, pressed the little button that says Connect on the bottom of the mouse, but it doesn'w work.

Any help will be appreciated because I can't use my CQ without it, because I can't even change screens or anything.

Marg Layton

Can you plug in a wired mouse and see if it works to rule out problems anywhere else? Do you have a wireless keyboard too? Sometimes when the batteries on my wireless keyboard need changing my wireless mouse will stop working too. I do not have the wireless on my CQ, rather on my home computer...

I couldn't reboot, after I hit alt, control delete, it took me to the manager where you have to tell it to shut down the task, but the arrow from the mouse was sitting there, and I couldn't do anything. My husband took it over to an electronics place, and they got it to work again. Apparently the batteries in my keyboard were needing replacing soon, and somehow I pressed a button on the bottom of the keyboard when I picked it up, and so nothing was working so far as that was concerned. Now with new batteries in everything, I am up and running again. Thanks so much for the suggestions though.

Marg

Hi Marg.

I had the same problem. Couldn't even close down my computer to re-boot, with Control Alt, Delete.

I just had to turn off my computer and had to hold down the button awhile until it closed down.

I simply replaced my mouse. The first one just died. I have gone thru 2 sets of batteries with my second mouse. Seems much touchier than the one I have on my home computer.

Get a new mouse, is my advice. Don't waste time trying to get the other one to work.

Perhaps a connection came loose when it dropped or fell, as mine has occasionally.

Hope this helps, Debra

Archived