Laser with Double Vision

Following one laser light is hard enough. How about 2 or three of them? My laser seems to have "double vision" or sometimes even "triple vision' when doing a panto. It only happens when I run the machine without the stitch regulator. Is it possibly vibration from the machine that is causing the problem? Any other ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Deb

I have never come across this before but will tell you that I have no problems running the laser without the stitch reg. It might be the angle you have it on, try changing the postion of the laser. Also check to be sure that it is tight once you postion it. If it is lose it will bounce around. If none of the above works then check to be sure that the end of the laser is pushed on tightly, there should be an added peace on the end of the laser with a little hole ... if this is lose that may also be the problem. Let me know if any of this helps if not give me a call at 1-866-323-0048 or call Connie at head office on the 1-800 number and lets get this worked out for you right away.;)

Hi Deb,

This has happened to me before too. Try changing the angle of your laser....try to place it straight down or at a much less outward angle and see if that helps. Also check to see if there are any humps or bubbles in your plastic, or even a lot of lint or dust on it. Hope this helps....its hard to know which dot to follow when there are two or three!!:mad:

I have a reflected laser dot, but it is because I have plexiglass on top of my panto paper. Some days I really have to concentrate on the correct dot, other days the reflected one is barely visible. I love having the plexiglass to make notes on, or arrows without damagng the actual panto. My plexiglass is actually 3 sheets 18x 24 that are very easy to move around.....I hated trying to get the panto under the grid (static) but I love the grid for squaring up, so I added the plexi panels. Now it is not such an ordeal to get the panto rolled out and under the machine and the grid...I just didn't have enough hands...but, I do have that "echo" laser dot.

Cheryl in Iowa

Make sure that the 'cap/cover' on the end of the laser light is on properly. It can work lose from machine vibration, and the looser it gets, the more difraction you will get of the light beam.

Brilliant idea of the masking tape over the end with a pin hole in it. Not only does it only let a slither of light through, but it holds the end piece on the end of the laser light as well.

Cherie in Australia

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. I took the quilt off last night, and don't have a panto scheduled for a few more quilts. I'll try your suggestions then.

I did check the cap last night and made sure the laser was tight. Neither of them seemed to be be loose. Tonight when I turned the machine on, I see that the laser is pretty far to the left. I'll definitely try moving it closer to see if it helps.

I like the masking tape idea to have something more accurate to follow and definitely will be trying it out.

Again, thanks everyone.

Deb

Archived