Sewline Pencils

barbm

This is just another example of a tool coming out that everyone raved about, that cost just a little more than I wanted to spend. I was going to buy one, then every time I thought about placing an order, every place would be sold out....now, I'm so glad I kept forgetting to place that order :D I will also stick to what has worked for me in the past.

Beware of baking soda too...Jeanne (Shadows4) tried that on a quilt and it bleached little spots where it hit the colored fabric.

I am not sure, but I believe the baking soda solution is used only for removing blue water-soluble pen. The recipe for the baking soda solution is one teaspoon for 16 ounces of water in a spray bottle. I don't know if it will help remove marking pencil marks. The solution is a very weak alkali (base) solution and helps the blue go away. It goes "stale" in about a half hour so you will need to mix up another batch if it takes longer than that to spritz the marks. Do not mix it any stronger than one teaspoon per pint.

I've only used the white Sew Line for marking dark fabrics for piecing and I love it for that. I do know to remove the blue water soluble markers you can use seltzer water or tonic water - some clear bubbly that doesn't have sugar in it. I've never tried it with a diet soda, but the seltzer worked great. I applied the seltzer with a Q-tip and the markings came right out. I've even done this on silk dupioni - no problem.

Archived