Using my new toy!!

LinneaMarie

Thank you Mary Beth. I really enjoyed browsing around your Webshots and seeing the quilts you have completed with your Circle Lord. The pinwheel quilt with the large white borders turned out beautifullyl--it was m favorite! :) but then I liked the quilt with the cross hatching too. :)

One of these days I will probably just do it---buy a CL.

So, no pressure at all. I just can't seem to justify buying one right now for the quilts I do which are my own, or for charity.

Thanks for the fun! :) I had coffee and the Raisen Bars from the recipe posted her on the forum while I looked.;) Ymmmm....

I finally got my CL installed last weekend, after purchasing it on this forum back in December. As far as the moving around a bit, I had the same issue with the feathers template, which might have been partially due to my own wobbling while I was moving the stylus through the pattern. But then I cut a piece of that "squishy" drawer lining stuff and put it under the base plate and voila, I was making feathered wreaths like a pro!

I'm using it right now on an art quilt, and will post some pics when it's done - - hopefully by the weekend. I just wish I had some more tops to play with, because this tool is way too much fun!!

Julie

I notice that a lot of people seem to "move" the templates while using them. I use the puffy non skid liners on the table under my templates. But, because I'm not the most gentle of quilters, I found I could still move the templates so I now move the machine with my right hand and place my left hand "lightly" on the top of the stylus. This keeps me from moving the templates and also keeps the stylus from jumping out of the template if the machine top is not exactly straight. By doing this, I breeze right through the design.

I also use the pattern grid under the plastic that holds the pantos. The grid just lives on my machine, I never take it off. When using the large king templates, I line the template up along a line on the grid and go from there. If I need to move the template for a design, I mark the grid with painters tape along the side and bottom and then move the template to the next spot. I don't use the small holes that Michael so thoughtfully provided. I also keep the template at least 1" from the bottom so I can adjust the template slightly if when I roll the quilt for the next pass, it doesn't line up. I just move the machine along the template pattern to see if it lines up. If it doesn't, I can move the template slightly to meet up perfectly with the next row. This only takes a minute or so and I can line up really easy. Hope this makes sense. Michael works really hard to make things easy for us but people like Mary Beth and I don't always listen we just have fun and go for it. Thanks again Michael and Kay for the wonderful products you have given us. There is no "wrong" way to use the template as long as it works for you.

Archived