Serendipity

Hi Anne,

That is a very vibrant quilt--both colors and design. Whatever you decide, I will recommend some curves to soften the geometry of the hexagons. (Does it lie flat? All those six-sided shapes may make for bubbles.) The dark (black?) background would be great with freehand swirls or McTavishing. And unless you are using a high contrast color thread, the white/gray areas will be the only ones to show stitching, so don't opt for extravagant designs in the rest--hard to see to stitch and hard for them to see after stitching! Please keep us updated on your progress and design choices. That is a great top!

The first thing I looked at and was imagining was the black background behind the stars... if you could find a very deep dark burgandy red (almost black, but the slightest tint of deep dark red) and do background fill with that color thread in the black background, it would look so rich and so awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for suggestions. I will use dark grey in the background - it's black.

Then I will go freehand with swirls and som stars - 5 pointed. I will do SID arond the big stars or 1/4" around them to lift them out a little.

Will try to send a picture when I have finished it. The back fabric is also black so it won't show there easily.

Anne (from Norway) Mill.

Archived