Calling the Queen of the Circle Lord

So yesterday I decided to take a break from quilting and just play and get to know my new toy. I loaded a couple old soft king size cotton sheets with batting and set up. I section a row into 12.5" squares and started.

It was very frustrating. None of my template designs are "smooth", The feathers are squiggly, the spiderweb is ....well not nice to say the least, points don't match up. In short, there seems to be too much play.

I am going slow, not too slow, just nice and steady and it doesn\\t matter if I use SR or not. When I work freehand everything seems to be nice and smooth, stitches are great and although my Freedom seems still a bit stiff (or tight) if I adjust the wheels any more I'll have too much play in the carriage.

|MaryBeth where ar't thou with words of wisdom????

Monika,

I am not MaryBeth but I do have a CL. It sounds like you don't have everything tighten down so you are getting movement in the template. I also use a piece of rubber shelf liner under the template for better grip. I hope this helps.

Pamela

Monika is right. The second issue is knowing (learning) which side of the groove to follow when doing the design. There is a little play with the stylus in the groove. It is a matter of learning which side of the groove to follow and when to change. I hope I have stated this so you understand. Once you get the idea, everything will improve and your designs will begin to look wonderful.

Monika, I am betting that once you get the shelving underneath you will be much happier and like Meg said it is just learning which side to kind of press the stylus on, I know that might not make any sense. Feel free to give me a call later today if you want a live person to talk to or give MIchael a call. He is the most helpful and gracious person. Always there to help us out when we get stuck. Hang in there.

Monika,

Sorry I didn't see your message earlier, I had to work today :(

I'm sorry to hear you are frustrated. You are doing the right thing by practicing. You will learn the right way to use the templates this way. Meg is right there is a way of apply just the slightest pressure when going away from you and pulling toward you...very slight.

Michael is very good at explaining this, give him a call, and call him today, he will be traveling to MQS. He will be available even when at MQS but is not going to be here until tomorrow...so call him.

Thank you ever so much everyone., You are sooo right, I used a piece of that rubber carpet underlay, you know the stuff you put under area rugs to keep from sliding on hardwood floors, and my stitch quality has improved 100%. I don't have the free play anymore.

I left a message with Michael, I guess they are travelling already. I don't anticipate any more trouble, but if I have it, I know where to come for support, sympathy, love, advice and genuine care.

Thanks again

Guest Linda S

Yes, make sure you have everything clamped as tight as you can. I just love the CL. Best tool I ever bought for the machine!

Archived