Rapid City Quilt Show

I'm the vendor coordinator for the show. We have fewer vendors this year (about 5 less,17 or so) and fewer quilts.( Over 400) We have a judged catagory ($10 entry) and other catagories for non-judged quilts. It should be a good time and I hope to see a couple of you there. How about the NE girls? I'll be there every day, all day long. Did I say I need a vacation?

My son lives in Rapid, and I should put him to the test--taking his mother to a quilt show. Last year he actually went to the quilt stores with me and did not complain. I'll have to think strongly about it. I think he needs to see his mother--quality time to the best. Judy

Originally posted by JudyLynn

My son lives in Rapid, and I should put him to the test--taking his mother to a quilt show. Last year he actually went to the quilt stores with me and did no complain. I'll have to think strongly about it. I think he needs to see his mother--quality time to the best. Judy

My son also lives in Rapid City and DH has taken me to those quilt shops. I didn't put my DS through the agony of a quilt shop. Not sure what he would think of a quilt show!

Hi LeeAnn,

I had told my son before I even headed his way that I had some projects that needed fabric, so he was forwarned. One store we went to, I told the owner that I needed to take a class sometime when I was there. When we got outside, my son says "geez, mom, that doesn't even make any sense, why would you want to take a class when you know everything!!"

Wow, about blew me away, for sure. I just told him, that I can always learn something even if it is a small something. He just says ,hummmm.

I did not find what I was looking for, and my niece mentioned that Hobby Lobby had fabric, so my son and I headed back to town and we spent a good hour or so shopping there. Again, he did not complain. I had a great weekend with my kiddo.

Love it when they grow up into decent people. :D

After looking at my week, I have to dog sit for someone next weekend, so looks like the quilt show will have to wait til next year. Judy

Archived