Audio of Gear Box needing repacking

Does APQS have an audio file of what The Millenium sounds like when it is approaching needing the Gear Box being repacked.

Living across the ocean it will be difficult and costly to phone APQS maintenance to have them listen to my machine.

I thought it might be helpful for other owners as well, that cannot always contact Head Office, to have a place on the website where there are audio/video files of a "sweet" running machine, then other machines that have problems so we can all hear the problems, and get to learn the differences ourselves.

Lyn

In Australia

Lyn,

Is there a rep in Australia or someone with a Millie that has had to repack grease that could listen to your machine and maybe help you out?

Each machine sounds different, therefore I personally don't think that an audio wouldn't be much help. For example, I had a 2005 Millie and recently upgraded to the 2009 Millie. My new machine is very quiet compare to my old machine, even with the grease repacked on the old machine. On my old machine, I knew I needed to repack grease when the machine sounded louder than normal and it sounded like a lot of rattling in/around the bobbin area. With the new machine, I would expect the sound when the grease needs repacked to sound about like my old machine did when the grease was already repacked. Hopefully this makes sense.

Archived