off the frame: Black, White and Fuschia--it's bright

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Thanks for the nice comments. There isn't going to be any winning or losing with this challenge. It is all done in fun.

But that doesn't mean that you can't send it to other shows for judging...Innovations is in September and you can enter the quilt now I think.... It needs to be shown, Its GREAT.. love the words, and your quilting is fab.;)

The words were stitched freehand on the longarm into the top with batting underneath. Then the batting was trimmed close to the stitching. Then the top/batting/backingwas put back on the longarm for quilting. I traced the words again in the rainbow thread and did microstippling in the background of it to make the words pop. I hope when I wash it, the words will really stand out.

Thanks for the comments. I thought about showing it...but I may do a similar quilt with another saying. I would do things a little differently the second go 'round. I would like to enter a show next year as a rookie. This may be it. But if not, there will be something else. Thanks for the encouragement.:)

The saying I used is my short for this acual quote: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke).

I had to add women, as we too have the ability to halt evil.

Kristina, this is a bright and beautiful quilt and I agree it or one from you should be shown this year somewhere. and I am with Bonnie the words really struck a chord. thanks for posting pictures and keep on stepping out of the box please

Archived