Denem quilting??

I've quilted at least a couple of denim quilts with my Millie. My only suggestion would be to do freehand designs so that you avoid any bulky seams. I'm talking about quilts made from leftover jeans with the pockets still attached. Go slowly, use a larger needle, and you should be fine.

Rule of thumb if it can go under the needle, it will be sewn....next rule of thumb, keep fingers out of needle as it doesn't know any difference between material and flesh, last rule of thumb, make sure you have a big enough needle and you can become invencible and nothing will stop you. Well you must know how to adjust your threads and keep all in harmony, but after all that...you can rock and roll.

You will want to raise your foot a bit. I did a denim quilt last year that a gal had patched together, jeans collected from thrift stores, and covered with patches that she had collected across the nation. I thought it was quite gaudy. She is using it as a wall hanging. My Millie was great-quilted over all the seams and pockets.

Archived