Panto question???? Need advice from the experts

Are all pantos run across the narrow of the quilt or can the be run the length of the quilt?

I have a customer quilt I was thinking of doing a panto on, but the way the backing in peiced I have to pin it the longest sides, which means the panto would run the length of the quilt. What do you all do with your pantos??;)

You're the boss.

I have a rectangle ready to load which will be placed in a tall stairwell. We discussed this exact thing at drop-off. I will be using Patricia Ritter's Aralia panto the long way--her decision which I also thought was best. She wanted to accentuate the vertical lines.

A lot of pantos are interlocking and blend together with the rows, so it's difficult to see any lines, so these can go either way... but...

Some pantos are directional so make sure you have the quilt top facing the right direction matching the pantograph. You don't want the dinosauers or cars walking and driving up the quilt... :)

I do a lot panos the long way on the quilt. I have to admit though that one I did had butterflys on it and I forgot which end was up and the butterflys are upside down. I guess that it is a good thing that it is my quilt and is on my bed. Plus you really have to be very close to notice that (and if you are that close you had better be very good friend!).

Pamela

I do a lot of pantos and try very hard to get my customers to chose one that I can load the long way. I too have little butterflies that fly upside down so just watch the way you load. I have been known to put a piece of bright blue painters tape on the top of the quilt so I don't goof

Archived