Channel Lock

When I use my horizontal channel lock, it doesn't even feel like it is locked and I can move the machine very easily horizontally. The vertical channel lock is a little better, but not by a lot.

Can someone help? I'm wondering if it's possible that the channel locks can loosen up over time?

Thanks,

Debbi

I don't really use my vertical channel lock at all but use the horizontal one a lot. I know that I need to have a light hand on the handles because if I push it a little it will go out of line, so to speak.

I'd call Connie and ask her whether you have an issue or maybe just need to "lighten up" :cool:

Sara

Goodmorning All,

Two things to check, first is to make sure that the little spring is not getting sucked into the cylinder... Take the end of the spring (with your fingers) and bend it. so that when you engaged the channel lock it stays on the outside of the cylinder... second, if you tighten your adjusting wheels just a little it will also help your channel lock to hold tighter.. You don't want it to tight, as then your movement of the machine is affected... when these were designed, we didn't want them to lock tight, as if you get in a place you need to move the machine you still can...instead of jamming or breaking needles..

Hope this helps. if not give me a call and I'll walk you through it!

Good Luck!

It helps me to stand behind the machine and engage the channel locks and watch to see that the little "thing" is fitting in between the teeth so that it locks to stop the movement.

I've found that when my wheels are adjusted perfectly, the machine moves smoothly and the channel locks work great but if the wheels are just a little too lose, the channel locks will not hold and if the wheels are little too tight, the locks hold great but the machine doesn't move smoothly.

Archived