zipper leaders

I really believe that zippers have improved productivity. Evenings in front of the TV is a great time to pin the leaders on and off. In the morning, a quick zip and I am ready to quilt in just a few minutes. I love being able to unzip the take-up leader halfway after my first line of quilting and closely scrutinize the tension on the quilt itself. I have eight sets from Quilting Connection and pin backs to the leaders everytime a set is freed up, leaving me no excuse not to get a jump on that next project - it's ready. One can individually order extra leaders for the take-up roller from Sue, and since I float the quilt top, the leader for it becomes another "backing fabric" leader and I have doubled the number of sets I own. I also love the "flip set which allows for bobbin work and "flipping bottom to top". Very helpful not to have to re-pin.

Originally posted by georgia

I also love the "flip set which allows for bobbin work and "flipping bottom to top". Very helpful not to have to re-pin.

How is a "flip set" different from a regular set? I can't imagine how a flip set differs from a regular set pinned on from the back. Would someone please explain? If I already have an extra set, do I also need a flip set in order to work from the back of the quilt? I know I sound like an idiot, but I need pictures. :P Pleeeease?!

Cathey,

zippers in a flip set have teeth on both edges of the zipper. One side has a slider, the other does not. When you are ready to flip the quilt you attached the flip zipper to the zipper that is already pinned to the quilt and yoiu can remount the quilt "back to top" or "bottom to top". They are a real time saver if you find that you have pinned the wrong zipper to the backing. Instead of taking the time to change it, you can use a flip zipper, zipped on to the leader. Check out http://www.longarmconnection.com/Our_Products.html for the details.

Zippers Rock!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to order zippers for a 12 foot table. The length is listed as 126 inches at longarmconnection.com. Since different brands of machines can vary in the length of their leaders, can anyone tell me for sure if 126 inches is the correct length for APQS?

Thanks,

Mary Burns

Used to be Liberty with 10 foot table -- soon to be Freedom SR with 12 foot table

Buda, TX

• 3 weeks later...

Archived