Timing issue...i think

cvrchota

arghh... ok, i've searched and read the archives... i think i have a timing problem... i am getting long unstitched areas intermixed with regular stitches...tension seems ok... after reading old posts, i found one that said if there are no needle holes under the long stitches, it's likely an encoder wheel problem. if there ARE holes under the stitches, it's a timing problem... so... there ARE holes under my long stitches... timing? i'll call apqs tomorrow but am wondering if there are other places i should be checking as well...thanks!! charla

Hi Charla,

Yes, call APQS tomorrow. But first, make sure the needle is inserted up all the way. If it is even a scootch too long, it will affect your tension. Have you jammed or broken a needle lately? Even if you need to re-time, that procedure is daunting--until you actually do it one time, then you wonder what the anxiety was all about. Good luck.

Hi Charla,

zeke here. Check and see if the needle bar depth is correct. I have an Ultimate I, which is a Millennium old style. You should be able to see the eye of the needle in the hook (bucket) with about 3/32" of the shaft above the eye. That's how it is with my machine is. If you have that much in the hook (bucket) than your needle depth is correct. Then I would proceed with the timing instructions. Most likely your machine is just out of time. Also check your thread guides to make sure that there are no burs and while your at it, check the hook too. If you havn't replaced your check spring, this would be a good time to do that. If this doesn't solve your problem then call APQS. Regards, zeke.......

• 2 weeks later...

Archived