Happy Birthday Darlene Epp!

Guest Linda S

WOW! How did you all know?! I was just going to close down my computer and saw it on the front of the APQS Quilting News. Thank you all SO much!

Yes, it's rainy and drizzly here in BC, but a welcome relief and a great help to the firefighters that have been battling hundreds of forest fires when the temps reached well over 100 degrees and then we had lightening storms.

We spent Sunday night at Whistler, where the 2010 Olympics will be held and came home early because of the downpours. Tonight we're going into Ladner to stay at the River Run Cottages http://www.riverruncottages.com for the night and then back in on Sunday for the Quilt Walk and Antique Car Show. That will keep both of us happy! ;)

Again, thank you all so much. You've made my day! Still waiting for the kids to call! They'll probably remember next week. LOL

BTW, I got a raise today. OAP kicked in and I have my new Gold Care Card! :o

Hi Debbie,

OAP is Old Age Pension :P and I don't know what extra care my Gold Care Card includes. Maybe reduced prescriptions? We pay $96/month for both of us for health care. I think the maximum a family pays is $106. My Mom is now free and our son, who is on a WCB disability pension pays about $10.80/month.

When I see the propaganda in the US papers saying we're like China and the gov't tells us how many children we can have, or what Dr. we have to go to, I just want to scream! HOW can anyone believe that stuff?!

Back to the subject of Happy Birthdays. ;) Our stay at River Run was wonderful & way too short, but we plan to go back every month or two. It's great to find a little hideaway like this so close to home! Will post some pictures later.

Thanks again everyone. My kids did eventually call, but YOU all made my day!

Archived