snowball quilt...ideas please

I am looking for quilting ideas for a snowball quilt I have. The customer used homespuns for it. She would like something in the snowballs, maybe swirls.

I have a picture in my webshots folder that is titled swirls and baptist fan. Just click below.

Thanks!

If you want to do freehand, load the long way across and run an inside/outside swirl through every snowball coming in one side and out the opposite. (I say the long way since you will have fewer advances and a longer run to quilt.) If the white joining squares are small, they may not need any stitching. Or if you want them to recede, stipple them down.

I like the scrappiness of this quilt and it looks to be well-pieced--that's half the battle! Please post a pic when you finish.:)

I hope you can see this. It is sort of a crosshatch design rounded so that it is one continuous line. You may be able to figure out a way to make it continuous from block to block. . .The little CC;s in the white squares are continuous too. You may be able to SID between the white squares. I would do same color thread in the white squares and something neutral in the homespun. Hope it helps.

post--13461902681201_thumb.jpg

Archived