Stumped on a Wide Border

Hi there....

Just getting ready to load a quilt and not sure what to do. It is a masculine-looking bow-tie quilt and the border is almost 10" wide. I thought of trying to use my King Baptist Fan but that would mean loading it 4 times (altho' I guess when I get to the other end of the quilt I could just flip the fan template upside-down?). I'm kind of new at crosshatching, but it would probably be pretty good too, I guess.

Love to hear everyone's ideas on wide borders.

It's a 3-D bow-tie and the bow-ties are big enough that they need a little design quilted on them but I have to stay off the 3-D part, too.

I find this to be a really attractive quilt and I'd love to do a spectacular job on it. I got a nice big box of Superior threads yesterday (yummy:D) and might try something new with the thread choice, too.

Can you tell I'm procrastinating because of my indecision???:) I'd better get at it!!!

hope to get some good ideas........Sandra

As I don't have a long arm, I just get to kind of wander around this site and add my two cents worth sometimes. I like the sounds of 3-d bow ties. you are very courageous I am thinking. what color is the border?

Thanks guys...

I'm just about to start the quilt and I think I'll go with the crosshatch...I'll have to look out for that book, Myrna, I haven't heard of it.

Oh, and Bekah...the whole quilt is dark...I can't remember the fabric line but I should because it's familiar to me...the border is a dark brown print.

Sandra

Archived