Embroidered Baby Quilt

I did this just for fun. I used Hobbs Polydown without a second batt. I wasn't trying to get tight trapunto, just poofy so it could be used w/o cooking a baby.:P

This was an ebay find, vintage, with the embroidery done. The blue marks were still there for the design around the embroidery. There was still a lot of space top & bottom that I wanted to use, so I drew in some more fat scrolly stuff.

I used Eleanor Burn's scollop ruler to mark spines for the feather border. I was too lazy to cut and bind a scolloped edge to I cheated and kinda gave the impression of scollops around the edge, but not the work of binding it. It was just a quicky, fun quilt I wanted my daughter to have for "someday."

Embroiderybabyquilt1-2.jpg[/img]

Embroiderybabyquilt4.jpg[/img]

Embroiderybabyquilt2.jpg[/img]

That is such a sweet quilt that I am sure your daughter will treasure. Missed you at the last couple of quilt guild meetings. Hope you are doing well. I am working on a full custom quilt now on my table. I am still too chicken to quilt feathers in a customer quilt yet--but have practiced on charity quilts. Hope to see you at the December meeting.

Archived