Quilt top photo

This is a batik I just finished adding borders to.

What would you quilt on this top?

I will do something special in the Border probly feathers or the Keryn Emmerson Cable with feather center. Not really sure yet. I just keep looking at the top.

Would Feathers all Over look good on the Body?

It's fun to see what all you talented quilters out there might do if it were you doing it. lol

So many choices.

Grammie

Tammie, this is John Flynn's Wheel of Mystery kit. I made it and I put it on my frame a while back and then took it off. I have finally decided that I am going to use the circles panto that come with the CQ in the body of the quilt and I am going to put Keryn Emmersen's Square Spirals in the border. I'm just not sure about the corner yet, but I think I am going to put a smaller circles in each corner and run the Square Spirals up to where the border attaches. Hope this makes sense.

The other thing I had thought about in the border was a cable design, but the one I wanted to digitize was beyond my expertise (or lack thereof) and it would have to be done with multiple lines so I gave up on that idea.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ

EDITED: The design is SQUARE SPIRALS!

I have seen this done with circles and spirals, Circle Lord would come in handy here!!! I have had this same quilt hanging in my sewing room in a very unfinished state!!! It's been hanging there so long that I must have gotten use to it being there...totally keep forgetting to get at it!!! Maybe now, seeing this one done, will get me motivated!!! Please post a picture when you get it done, I'd love to see it!!!

Sandra

I have done two of these and put eliptical circles using the Hartley Fence on the first one and it turned out looking fabulous and the client loved it. Can't rememeber if I did the same on the second one, I think I did, as I beleive the woman had seen the other one and wanted it the same way. I did some kind of different thing in the border, a fancied up meander but can't be too dense. Used Superior Rainbows to pick up the many colors in the batiks.:cool:

Well after speaking with my customer I'm probly not going to get to do what I normally would but it should be ok. She does not want me to use varigated thread. She chose a Sage green. She wanted some kinda flower or plant. We discussed a few ideas and she has alot of Hibicous outside the window of the bedroom it is intended so I am doing the NEW Deb Design Hibicious in the Body and the Border treatment. This CQ design is beautiful stitched out but I'm not sure about it on this top. In the End the customer gets to decide so off I go to make her very happy. I plan to wound bobbins and use the same on top and bottom hoping the back will look good too. I am also going to SID the 1 inch border. I will take some photos. I hope it is a good surprise in the end. Most of my older customers just love flowers on everything or anything. Guess that is what matters. We are all different. Isn't that just great!!

Thanks for all the idea. I hope to get another pattern like this one as I want to give some of these ideas a try also.

You Gals are the Best!!!!!

Hi Sue,

I am going to take a look at these Sq spirals. Sounds cool

I am still scared of the Corner designs and need to practice some more on that. I do the Motif and border in between all the time and the customers love it. So far it has looked great on the quilts I've had come in. I don't get alot of SERIOUS tops.

I am off this weekend and I'm going to be drowning in my CQ. lolool

This quilt is really striking. I am looking forward to seeing the end result. Can we get this pattern anywhere? I was busy in full time school and full time work for several years so I see I missed a lot.

Did you survive the CQ pool?

I haven't a clue what most of you gal's said :D but I'm dying to see the quilt finished, My Milli. just arrived & I'm still in te process of getting it up & running. I'll be able to decode your lingo in time, it may be fun to reread some of this forum in a year, & see how I do !! ;)

I hear a lot of reference to Keryn Emmerson's designs in the different threads of this forum. When I look for her patterns I don't really know what to look for...are most of the favourites pantos, stencils, or what???

Love to hear some feedback on this (here I go again...I seem to be on a buying frenzy lately...threads, pantos, etc...what an obsessive passion this quilting is!!!!)

Sandra :P

Archived