canvas uneven on bar

My Freedom came yesterday and it is all set up! I feel like I've accomplished a great feat. Whew! So I am just about ready to attach my zippers to the canvas roller bars and I noticed that on the 'quilt top' bar the canvas edges do not line up with the canvas edges of the other bars. Since everything is centered on these bars, it seems like that could be a problem.

I unrolled the canvas to the metal and it has been glued and taped to the bar. If I take the canvas all the way off the metal move it and retape it should be fine, right? Has anyone else had this problem?

Anne

Hi Anne,

If you flip the one roller, will the canvas line up better?;) That solution may be too easy!

Yes, you can remove and re-position the canvas, but it is a pain.

One solution--take off and re-glue the canvas.

Another--attach your zippers anyway--just make sure the centers of the zippers line up--it doesn't matter where the canvas is on the roller.

Float your tops--you don't use the top roller at all.

If you decide to remove and re-glue the canvas, do a search here for replacing the canvas to read about the easiest way to do this. Good luck!

Anne,

Only one of the rollers should have been pre-marked with the center mark. You mark the other rollers based on the center mark of the original. The edges of the canvas don't need to match up. Just the center mark, that you will mark on the remaining 2. This is in the manual or set up directions. It comes this way because they don't always line up perfectly once set up.

Once you establish the centers on the other 2 rollers then sew on the zippers and mark your zippers based on your center marks. did that make sense??

Patty, Yes that makes sense....but, I have the 10 foot table so my canvas leaders only measure 103 inches, funny when I was choosing which table size to get, all I kept thinking was 10ft equals 120 inches, no problem! Now it seems like I need to take advantage of the full 103 inches if at all possible.

My zippers measure 108 inches, do I just align the center and let the excess hang off the side? Yikes! As a newcomer these things seem so important and I'm sure you guys are all just smiling and saying relax it will be OK.

Anne

Archived