What to do with this quilt

I have this quilt and have no idea what to do with it. It has embroidery, applique and regular blocks. I don't want to do an all over as I just can't bring myself to quilt through all the embroidered squares etc. Has anyone any suggestions?

Lib

post--13461903150012_thumb.jpg

Hi Lib.. If I were doing it like a pro, I'd shadow quilt the embroideries.. each line being 1/4" away from the embroidery then radiate out with others. the applique I think I would outline the design that is set in, do some background fill to let the applique pop up, and do what comes to mind on the others. I see line dancing on the 16 patch, little leaves or feathers, coming out from the skinny legged star corners and V's.. I can't see and make anythbing intelligent out of the block right above it, unless it is a rose block .. in which case, keep it wavy to enhance the curves... or a small crosshatch or rows of stitches would be very pretty.

Good Luck, I'd love to see it when you are finished. Will be gone about a week starting Fri.. so hope it's not posted too soon, and I lose it..

RitaR

Thanks all. I was debating shadowing and cross hatching and I like the idea of a pretty feather in the outside border. My only problem is I am not very good at feathers. They always seem to go wonky!

When I finish it I will post a picture.

Lib

Archived