Compuquilter

I am having two problems. First the thread is breaking. The last incident when the thread broke I have been unable to restart from where the thread broke. Each time I jog to where I need to start and press R it takes me to a different location. What do I need to do?? Do I need to reset zero? If I do can someone tell me how to do that in plain english-my Compuquilter instruction book seems to be written in Greek.

Thanks in advance,

Amy

Sorry your having such a hard time Amy. I am a newbie also so bear with me.

I'm not clear on what's been done to this point so with that the answer is yes, go back to START. On the EXECUTE be sure to have clicked where you want to start. Upper left or center or where ever. Be sure you RESET ZERO once you need at the beginning.

The program should then take you to the start of the pattern.

Also there is a YAHOO group recently set up called CQDIGITIZERS. Its new but more and more learning is evolving. Feel free to join us anytime. There is some CQ experience there and they don't mind helping at all.

This isn't necessarily the right way but I have done this when I got lost as a beginner. It can be frustrating when you can't get matched backup so take a deep breath.

I'm much better with Restart now and in fact use it all the time. I also use Boundaries with just about everything I do.

I think the CQ is really easy to learn Barb. Yes there are some things that takes some practice but for the most part it is a great tool.

Its just the NEWBIE JITTERS. That's all. My dealer did a great job of showing me how it works and how to get around in the program but lets face it we learn when we do. There are some steps that as you get practice become second nature. After Chris left my home the next day you would have thought he taught me nothing. I had completely blocked it out. As I began to work it all came to me and it will you too. Computers can be more frustrating to some than others. I still have much to learn about CQ. As far as Digitizing we need some Workshop Books to really understand this I think. I need to be quilting and find it difficult to SELF TEACH myself autosketch. Classes are being developed by some but I would rather see a Learning DVD that is visual and affordable. No plane tickets and hotel costs.

I love my CQ and it is making me lots of $$$$$ too.

I find the problems that I have are OPERATOR ERROR and not necessarily the program.

It is pretty user friendly.

Hi Everyone,

I talked to Amy and wanted to share what was causing her problems...

Her thread (Rainbows) broke and she was trying to re-start the panto... Her initial problem was that she had her thread tension too tight for this thread. By the way, she had turned off the Millie in the meantime so she did lose her zero reference. Amy was trying to move the needle to the place where the CQ needed to re-start- then clicking the "point to restart"--- which, of course, made the CQ try to go to that place on the pattern. HOWEVER, because she had lost her zero point of reference when she turned the machine off, the CQ did know know where it was. If anyone else has this problem... here's what you need to do:

Go to the beginning point of the partially sewn pattern on the quilt itself and re-zero. Click on the "point to restart" on the CQ screen. This should make the CQ move the needle close to where you need to start sewing again. Now jog the needle (by using your keyboard arrow keys) to the exact location on the quilt where you need to restart. Press the R hot-key and go to the execute page to finish sewing the pattern.

Please give me a call if anyone else needs me to walk through this step by step.

:D;):P Really!!! The CQ is quite easy to operate. I have to say.... Over 99 percent of the CQ service calls I get are caused by opertator error and quite easily fixed. :P:P

Tina, thanks for this info. I've had this problem and the only way I could continue sewing was to go back to the start of my row and stitch with the needle off until I came to where I needed to restart sewing. I think your way is going to be much easier - not to mention faster:cool:

Archived