Anyone Tried This

I purchased some plastic on a roll for using like on a table cloth or something like that. I decided that I wanted to preview my pantographs or my customers can by putting the plastic sheet over.

I didn't know if anyone else had tried this or if it was a good idea. I ended up just using the needle with no thread as bottom line wasn't showing anyway.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Shirley

I have a 60" wide quilt hanger screwed to the wall with a layer of batting and a layer of tablecloth plastic. When I am planning a quilting design I put the quilt between the batting and the plastic and draw away until I come up with a plan. Then I put the quilt on the frame and I can use the design drawn on the plastic as a reference while I'm quilting. I have found that dry erase markers become hard to remove completely over time but vis-a-vis (wet erase) markers wipe off with a damp paper towel very easily. I love it.

I have been in Myrna's class and in Pam Clarke's classes where they used this plastic and it is a great idea to just draw the pattern out on the plastic as the others have mentioned. Then you can roll this plastic around the pattern to keep it in good condition. Personally, I was going to do this and just never could find the time to do it. I started printing out pictures of previous customer quilts using these pantos to show the customer what it looked like on quilts. Eventually, my customers started dropping their quilts off and said, "Do whatever you think would look good." I love that.

Archived