organ /groz beckert needles

Whomever uses the organ dpx134-ski 110/18 (from John M) or the groz-beckert 134san11 130/21 (from superior) 1st to email can have them. I have one packet each and i do not like them I thought it was my newbie imagination,BUT, the Muskateers and other caring quilters, have once again guided me in the right direction.

(Amy too, she told us in maintenance class to use the singer mr but i had to hear it from you gals too)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

THANK YOU

Francine, I'm thinking maybe you have the wrong Groz-Beckert needles. When I got my new Millie APQS sent GB needles. The size and numbers are: 134 SAN 11, DP X 5 MR, 1955 MR, and the needle size is 110/18. So I think my machine is timed to these needles and you should be able to use GB if you get the correct ones. See Dawn's Quilt Talk article which explains it very well:

http://www.apqs.com/artists_dawnc_blog.php?id=10

Hi Carmen!

Thank you for your input, i appreciate it!:)

I have read Dawns article. I thought the same thing and talked with the Superior people, I still thought they where wrong(package has the red dot). When i put the groz and the organs( that i got from John Mitchell) next to each other they are the same length the thread hole is slightly larger and the scarf appears to be a smidge longer on the groz ( this should be a good thing). Whatever the deal I am too busy to deal with returning the groz's and the organs were a gift from John Mitchel with another order. I am going to stick with the ones i get from Amy.

How's it going in almost Arkansas? I love it when you post pictures!

Hey, Francine, I'm reporting back on my experience with the GB needles as I said I would. I received a pack from APQS with my Millie and used one for the first time this week. All I can say is it was perfect!!!!!!!! :):):) I'm happy, absolutely happy, with the GB needles. I was embroidering on batik, both top and back, with Hobbs 80/20, Rainbow thread on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. Pefectly perfect tension. It was wonderful!!!!!!! I can't find a bad stitch! :D :D :P:):D :cool::cool:

And I'm wondering which Monday it is that you're answering my U2U :P:P:P

The reason that the Groz Beckert needles that you got from APQS work is that recently, GB bought the Singer needle division. They now produce the MR 4.0 needles that we used to get from Singer. The Key is the 'MR' . If your needles don't say MR, they are not going to work as well in your APQS machines, as our machines are built and timed for the MR needles.

Unless it has changed, Superior sells a Titanium needle. It is not the same size as the MR needles and also Titanium does not bend/flex in the same way that the regular needles do so this can cause problems with the stitch quality.

Remember 'MR' and you'll be fine. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of packets of the Groz Beckert needles - 134 San 11 120/19 (1 pack) 134 San 6 DpX5 110/18 (2 packets) and 134 San 11 100/16.

Who ever wants them email me and you can have them. My machine doesn't like them at all.

I don't want them to go to waste!!!

Archived